As a growing business, we are constantly looking to recruit the very best staff to join our friendly team.
Ipsum is a highly skilled, specialist solutions provider to the Utilities and Infrastructure Markets. We focus on giving great customer service through our multi-skilled teams, smart IT solutions and leading-edge scheduling and appointment management. Our multi-skilled teams provide services across all aspects of the UK utilities and infrastructure markets. We work tirelessly on developing our people, processes, systems and solutions to provide leading-edge customer service, safely and to the highest standard.
Part of Ipsum Group’s Power division, SPEC Ltd provide HV maintenance packages on both an operational and maintenance basis across the UK with branches in Wakefield, Aldershot, Newcastle, Bromsgrove and Glasgow. Working directly with end users, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), main contractors, subcontractors and facilities management providers, SPEC Ltd are capable of engineering any service to suit any situation.
Join our team and you can expect to enjoy fantastic career prospects and a competitive pay and benefits package. In addition to an attractive salary, we offer a company pension, employee of the month scheme, long service award programme and Perkbox employee discount platform with excellent food offers at restaurants, discounted cinema tickets, subscriptions and more.
Sales Engineer – Maintenance – Wakefield
You will be a key member of the Maintenance Sales Team, responsible for expanding our client base and assisting with the increase of revenue across the business. You’ll be joining a friendly and engaging team, where you will be calling prospective new customers, researching companies to establish new business relationships.
Responsible for the promotion of the maintenance speciality services offered by the Company. Combine technical knowledge with sales skills
· To pro-actively generate leads and opportunities for the expansion of the maintenance provision for SPEC Ltd.
· To travel as required to meet customer demands so SPEC Ltd always appear to be ‘on the doorstep’.
· To react to other leads from existing customers or in-house.
· To keep records of sites contacted with specific names and numbers.
· To note down details of site equipment, with photographs for inclusion within in house Database.
· To produce quotations for both small projects and maintenance contracts as required.
· Delivery of contracts, if possible, by hand, to further re-enforce our services and promote the various sections within SPEC Ltd.
· Chase to a conclusion, all previously quoted works and support development of repeat business i.e. contract renewals
· Provide a key point of contact for existing and new customers.
· To ensure customers are made aware of new technology.
· The promotion of free discussion on areas of improvement
· To attend management meetings, when required, and provide reporting information and forecasts on the Maintenance section.
· To assist and support in all aspects in the smooth running of the department.
· Inclusion on the call out register for any out of hours calls.
· Level 3 Diploma in Engineering
Knowledge & Experience
• Experience of operating in a commercial, multi-divisional organisation.
• Good client links in the industry.
• Detailed knowledge of current LV/HV electrical maintenance techniques.
• Solid and up to date knowledge of statutory requirements, legislation, and technical advances.
• Good knowledge of Health and Safety practice and Risk Assessment.
• Technical or Engineering background
• Post qualification experience.
Skills & Personal Qualities
· Exceptional communication skills
· An ability to identify business opportunities.
· A strong sense of initiative
· The ability to build excellent working relationships.
· Sell with integrity and do the right thing for our customers.
· A warm, charming, and confident manner
· Good time management and an ability to plan ahead.
· Ability to pursue high standards, recognise improvement opportunities and learn from experience.
· Aware of the operational needs of the client, whilst taking account the commercial implications.
· Critical and problem-solving skills
· Resilience and tenacity
· A full UK driving licence
Outbound Sales Advisor – Wakefield
You will be a key member of the Maintenance Sales Team, responsible for expanding our client base and assisting with the increase of revenue across the business. You’ll be joining a friendly and engaging team, where you will be calling prospective new customers, researching companies to establish new business leads, and identifying the right person or decision maker to engage with for the Sales Representatives to meet with.
Responsible for the promotion of the speciality maintenance services offered by SPEC. To pro-actively generate leads and opportunities for the growth of the maintenance division.
- To keep records of sites contacted recording specific names and numbers, in line with GDPR and internal data protection/retention policies.
- Update the internalCustomer Relation Management (CRM)Database where required.
- To schedule site visits for the Sales team.
- Follow up to a conclusion, all previously quoted works supporting the development of repeat business i.e. contract renewals.
- Ad-Hoc administrativetasks as and when required.
- To own the general enquires e-mailaccountand liaise with the senior team so enquiries can be forwarded to the relevant staff.
- Provide quotes as and when requested utilisingthecompany standard price list.
- Provide a key point of contact for new customers.
- To engage with our customers to ensurepromotion ofnew technology when required
- To encourageopendiscussions on areas of improvement.
- To assist in all aspects in the smooth running of theSalesdepartment.
- ISM Diploma in Sales & Account Management (Level 5) desirable but not essential.
- C&G Diploma in Sales, desirable but not essential.
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous experience of working within Telesales would be beneficial.
- Previous experience of operating in a commercial, multi-divisional organisation would be beneficial.
- Ability to effectively manage the sales process from start to completion
- Strong track record of meeting / exceeding targets
- Experience of working to targets, and confidence in your sales abilities
- A telesales background with good telephone manner is preferred but training can be provided.
Skills & Personal Qualities
- Exceptional communication skills
- Friendly and personable telephone manner.
- A strong sense of initiative
- The ability to build excellent working relationships.
- A positive and proactive mindset, willing to learn and progress.
- Sell with integrity and do the right thing for our customers.
- A warm, charming, and confident manner
- Resilience when it comes to rejection
- Comfortable cold calling potential customers
To apply please email your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ipsum Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
24/7 call out service.
Available 365 days of the year.