Offshore & International
Offshore & International
Since incorporation in 2000, SPEC Ltd have worked overseas and offshore for predominantly UK clients, but in more recent times international clients directly.
SPEC Ltd carry out a second to none highly professional offshore service to BS, IEC and other international standards.
Our engineers have a proven record of practical experience in the installation of new High and Low Voltage switchgear and transformer installations, testing and commissioning of such equipment, maintenance, enhancement and repairs of such substations through to the associated specialist cable jointing and termination works covering Pfisterer, Elastimold, Raychem etc.
SPEC carry out a fast array of international onshore and offshore services namely;
- Offshore cable jointers to complete specialist rework of failed terminations and/or new cabling projects up to and including 33kV.
- Specialist transformer decommissioning and new transformer erection including commissioning.
- Substation inspections for asset register and/or defect reporting.
- Specialist switchgear maintenance and/or protection upgrades.
- Full site wide substation installations covering cabling, terminations, testing, commissioning and switching.
- Full site wide substation maintenance including specialist protection testing.
- Supervision of foreign contractors undertaking substation works.
SPEC have worked in the following countries and have carried out many repeat projects.
British Virgin Islands
Trinidad & Tobago
Angola on and offshore
Ghana on and offshore
Projects range from:
- Specialist supervision of international contractors completing HV installations on petrochemical sites and breweries to ensure standards and quality are met.
- Full complete substation installations covering 11 kV and 33kV switchgear, transformers and LV cables on breweries, manufacturing plants and MOD sites.
- Cable fault location on power stations and MOD establishments.
- Specialist HV cables termination on FPSO conversion in dock and offshore in the far east and Africa.
- Specialist erection, testing and commissioning of transformers and switchgear projects worldwide.
- Our Engineers are offshore approved
- FPSO vesselslated VCB without the need for busbar adaptor chambers/joggle chambers.
- Industry recognised offshore contractor
- NFFO installations
- BS & IEC standards
What We Have Done
24/7 call out service.
Available 365 days of the year.